Best and powerful Bible verses about Friendship KJV.
The kind of friend we keep has a great depth of influence in our lives. Our friends can either influence us positively or negatively.
There’s this popular saying “show me your friends and I will tell you who you are” Bible says in 1 Corinthians 15:33:
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.1 Corinthians 15:33
Therefore, One has to be very careful with the kind of people he or she calls friends. choose your friends carefully and not your friends choosing you, because it’s only an Iron that can sharpen an iron.
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.Proverbs 27:17
Also he who works with the wise will eventually become wise.
He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.Proverbs 13:20
The Bible Verses About Friendship KJV
1. Proverbs 27:17 – Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
2.Proverbs 13:20 – He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
3. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Ecclesiastes 4:9. Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
Ecclesiastes 4:10. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
4. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
6. Proverbs 22:24-25
Proverbs 22:24. Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go. Proverbs 22:25. Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.
7. Proverbs 27:10 – Thine own friend, and thy father’s friend, forsake not; neither go into thy brother’s house in the day of thy calamity: for better is a neighbour that is near than a brother far off.
8. 1 Corinthians 15:33 – Be not deceived: evil communication corrupt good manners.
9. Proverbs 18:24 – A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
10. Proverbs 12:2 – The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
11. James 4:4 – Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
12. Proverbs 27:9 Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man’s friend by hearty counsel.
13. Luke 21:16 – And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
14. 2 Samuel 13:3 – But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David’s brother: and Jonadab was a very subtle man.
15. Job 17:5 – He that speaketh flattery to his friends, even the eyes of his children shall fail.
16. Job 42:10 – And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
17. Psalms 41:9 – Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
18. Proverbs 16:28 – A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.
19. Proverbs 14:20 – The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.
20. Proverbs 19:6 – Many will intreat the favour of the prince: and every man is a friend to him that giveth gifts.
21. Proverbs 19:4 – Wealth maketh many friends; but the poor is separated from his neighbour.
22. Proverbs 22:11 – He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend.
23. Micah 7:5 – Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom.
24. Job 16:20 – My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God.
25. Proverbs 27:14 – If anyone loudly blesses their neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse.
26. 1 Samuel 18:3 – Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
27. Deuteronomy 13:6 – If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
Hope you enjoyed reading, please do share this post with your friends and family, and I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.