Why should you have faith in God? 10 important reasons to have faith in God
There are countless reasons why you should trust God. God is our source, just as the branch cannot survive on it’s own except it abides in the vine, so also we cannot survive on our own, that’s why faith is important in our every day life, because we need God to survive.
Faith according to Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Faith means seeing the manifestation of something which is not physical seen by the natural eyes.
We don’t see God physically but we believe in the reality of his existence and as such, we experience his manifestations physical without having to see him because we believe.
The power of faith in God cannot be overemphasized. With faith we move mountains, everything in the kingdom of God is delivered on the platform of faith.
That’s why the bible says it is impossible to please God without faith Hebrews 11:6.
Top 10 important reasons to have faith in God
There are so many reasons why we should trust God both in difficult or tough times and in good times.
Below are 10 reasons why you must have faith in God.
1- Everything is possible with God – Man is limited but God is unlimited. God can make anything happen, all power belongs to him.
When we believe in this reality and work with it, everything becomes possible to us through faith. It is only to him who believes (in what God can do) that everything is possible to.
2. His ways are not are our ways – in Isaiah 55:9 the bible made it clear that God’s ways are not our ways.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9
He does not see things the way we do. Remember the the story of Samuel and the sons of Jesse in 1 Samuel 16 when God told him to anoint one of the sons of Jessie.
Immediately Samuel saw Eliab Jesse’s first he said;
And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD's anointed is before him. 1 Samuel 16:6
But the interesting part was the answer the LORD gave to him in the next verse;
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7
So it does not matter what we’re seeing currently, we must trust him for our change cause he alone knows what is best for. In him there are no mistakes and regrets.
3. God is worthy of our trust – it’s very funny how we board a taxi and comfortably sits expecting the driver to take us to our destinations. We believe that we paid the drivers for it therefore, we’ll be taken to our destinations.
Have u ever thought about the fact that you don’t really know this person? Sometimes we even go to new places and we call a taxi driver to take us to locations we’re not really familiar with and we trust them to take us to our location;
But we find it difficult to trust God who alone belong all the power and owns the keys to our lives.
Just have faith and trust God completely and see if He’ll turn you down.
God is indeed worthy of our trust any time, both in good and in bad times. There are so many benefits of having faith in God.
What happens when you trust in God is that you get whatever you believe him for. You are in control and nothing scares because you know whom you have believed in, and you become like mount Zion that cannot be removed but abides forever. Psalm 125:1
God is worthy of our trust because he has never failed and he will not start failing in your time, why? Because he is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
4. Faith in God brings rest and peace – the power of faith comes with peace and rest. When you hit a little child in Africa especially here in Nigeria, you’ll hear the child say: “I’ll tell my mummy/daddy For you”
This is because the child is confident in his/her parents that they will fight for him/her.
As soon the parents return, that’ll be the first thing before any other thing. There’s this peace in their hearts that their parents will definitely come back and beat that uncle or aunty even though their parents aren’t as powerful as the person, but they just know that their parents will fight for them.
Start each week with an inspiration from the bible, Sign up to our Weekly Bible Study, a free email subscription to a weekly dose of inspiration from the bible.
When you trust in God, you have peace and rest of mind knowing that God himself is fighting for you.
The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. Exodus 14:14
5. Faith in God builds our trust and confidence in God – faith build confidence. The more you believe and trust in God, the more of His words you consume. And the more of His words you consume, the stronger your faith and confidence in Him. And the stronger your faith becomes, the more of His strange acts you’ll experience. The more of His wonders you see.
6. He makes everything beautiful in his own time – many times we lose hope because we think we’ve waited for too long and so we’re discouraged. You just need to let go, and let God. The truth is, he will only make everything beautiful in His own time and not yours. All you need to do is to align yourself with his will and wait for His timing.
7. God has never and will never fail – God has never failed and he won’t start doing it now, He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. You just need to have faith in him because he won’t fail you. He is the only one you can trust with anything.
8. He Sees the end from the beginning – God is all knowing, and he knows what is good for you. God may sometimes restrict us from certain things or resist certain prayers because he has seen the end of that answer. As a loving father he wouldn’t want to give you something that will destroy you.
God sees the end from the beginning and so He knows what is best for you. Romans 8:28 says:
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
9. You cannot please God without faith. Everything in the kingdom delivers on the platform of faith. The Just will only live by his faith.
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17
Before even coming to him you must believe that He is, then you must believe that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6.
You must approach him with faith.
10. You cannot receive anything from God without faith – You cannot possibly receive anything good from someone you don’t believe in. It is your level of faith that determines your portion. There might be a lot of provisions, but is only your faith determines your share. You cannot receive anything beyond your level of faith.
Why is faith important in everyday life
Faith is necessary for our daily lives, because whatever we do in life must be done in faith. In fact the bible says:
But if a person has doubts and still eats, he is condemned because he didn't act in faith. Anything that is not done in faith is sin. Romans 14:23
We approach God with faith, you receive from Him through faith, and we live by faith. Therefore faith is so important and crucial to our daily lives as Christians. Whatever we do must be done in faith, else it becomes a sin.
If you enjoyed reading please do share this post with your friends and family, and I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.