37 key KJV bible verses about prayer, encouraging scriptures that will strengthen you in hard and tough times. Prayer is one of the most important weapons that God has given to us. Jesus Christ showed us how important prayer is by praying always.
You cannot become powerful without living a life of prayer. Prayer changes situations. Prayer Influences prophecy. Even though a prophecy has been given your prayer can modify the happenings.
Remember the story of king Hezekiah, when Prophet Isaiah brought God’s message of death to him he prayed, and instead of death 15 more years were added to his life. Isaiah 38:1-5.
Importance of a healthy prayer life
- Prayer strengthens our inner man.
- Prayer makes us bold and fearless.
- It puts you in charge of situations and circumstances.
- Gives us quick access to revelation.
- A healthy prayer life keeps us spiritually fit.
- Makes us sensitive to every happenings around us.
Pin this Image
What is prayer?
Prayer is the process of communing with God. Prayer is fellowshipping with God.
Types of prayer
1. Thanks giving prayer:
Thanksgiving prayer simply means thanking God for what he has done or given to you. Thanksgiving can also be done in advance which is even more powerful.
That is, you’re telling God that though he hasn’t done it yet you know and you’re convinced that he can and will do it, Even though the circumstances shows impossible you’re telling him that you’re certain that he will do it.
What you’re doing is calling forth those things that are not as if they already exist, that’s faith. God himself will not rest until he brings that your request to fulfillment.
2. Adoration/Blessing /Acknowledgement
This type of prayer is similar to Thanksgiving prayer but a bit different from Thanksgiving prayer in that it doesn’t only that God for what he has done or given.
This type of prayer praises God for who he is, and acknowledges him as the creator of universe in whom only the whole universe consists.
It’s not only made when God has done or given given you something, not only when your request is granted, or when you’re expecting an answer.
37 KJV Bible Verses About Prayer – Encouraging ScripturesTweet
But it is done whether things are good or bad. Whether there’s a pending request or not. We’re meant to praise and give him thanks and adoration at all times irrespective of our current situations. This is why we exist, that we should bring him glory and show forth his praises at all times.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
3. Intercessory Prayer
Intercessory prayer is the type of prayer that we make on behalf of someone else. Prayer for the well-being of someone else. Intercessory prayer could be for your family, the church of Christ in general, for your local assembly, your pastor, your friends, even unsaved souls, and many more.
4. Prayer of Supplication / Petition.
Supplication means to humbly plead or request something from God.
In Philippians 4:6, we are told not to be anxious about anything but the we should bring our request in prayer with thanksgiving to God.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6).
Prayer of Repentance
This means been sincerely remorseful for something you did wrong against God or man, acknowledging that you’ve sinned and sincerely asking for God’s mercy and forgiveness.
Pin This Image
37 Bible Verses About Prayer
Short Bible Verses About Prayer
1. Colossians 4:2 – Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
2. Psalms 54:2 – Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth.
3. 1 Timothy 4:5 – For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
Bible Verses About Prayer For Hard Times
4. Nehemiah 1:6 – Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, which I pray before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against thee: both I and my father’s house have sinned.
5. Psalms 17:1 – Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
6. Jonah 2:7 – When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.
7. Psalms 143:1 – Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.
8. Psalms 39:12 – Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.
9. Psalms 4:1 – Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
10. Psalms 54:2 – Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth.
11. Psalms 61:1 – Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
12. Psalms 64:1 – Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
13. Psalms 65:2 – O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.
14. Psalms 69:13 – But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.
15. Psalms 84:8 – O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
16. Psalms 102:1 – Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee.
Top 37 Bible Verses About Prayer for Hard TimesTweet
Bible Verses About Prayer For Strength and Encouragement.
17. Proverbs 15:29 – The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
18. Psalms 6:9-10 – The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.
19. Philippians 4:6 – Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
20. Matthew 21:22 – And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
21. Psalms 66:20 – Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.
22. Psalms 6:10 – Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.
23. Proverbs 15:8 – The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
24. Psalms 102:17 – He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
25. Philippians 1:19 – For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
26. Psalms 66:19 – But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
27. Isaiah 38:5 – Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.
28. Isaiah 56:7 – Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Pin This Image
29. James 5:15 – And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
30. James 5:16 – Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
31. Psalms 5:3 – My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
32. Psalms 141:2 – Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Bible Verses about Prayer for Spiritual growth
33. Luke 6:12 – And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
34. Acts 1:14 – These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
35. Acts 2:42 – And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
36. Acts 6:4 – But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
37. Ephesians 6:18 – Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
If you enjoyed Reading, Please do share this post with your friends and i would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.